If you want to consume cannabis but inhaling a tear-inducing fireball of plant matter doesn’t appeal to you, then you’re in luck.
Learning how to consume cannabis without smoking can make you feel like a kid browsing through a candy store. That’s because there are so many options: Gummies, chocolate, cookies, brownies, and healthier products like sports drinks, dusted almonds, salads, and even cannabis oil that can be added to your mom’s meatloaf.
Basically, cannabis can go into practically any consumer product. Here are nine ways you can consume that won’t make your bronchial passages hate you.
How to Consume Cannabis Without Smoking
- Beverages: If you just ran a few miles and feel like you need to recuperate with more than just electrolytes, or you want to kick back with a beer that gives you a whole experience, there are plenty of cannabis-infused beverages on the market. Or make your own!
- Meals: More and more pop-up and established dining venues are offering cannabis-infused meals. They are usually gourmet and not cheap, but well worth it if you want a unique experience.
- Dessert and Snacks: We’ve all heard about pot brownies, but cannabis snacks, savory or sweet, are a lot more varied and sophisticated today. Sports bars, gummies, cheese crackers, and more are available to liven up your party. You can even make your own by decarbing some flower and turning it into cannabutter.
You look great just the way you are, but if you feel the urge to emphasize your awesomeness, it never hurts to wear a hot hemp outfit, and swipe on some cannabis-infused makeup before you go out on the town.
Your Softer Side
There is a wide variety of cannabis-infused topicals on the market. Just apply them as you would any lotions, balms and oils. With so many options, there’s probably something to suit your needs, whether you’re looking for muscle relief or lube.
How to Consume Cannabis: Don’t Mess Around
If you just want to ingest cannabis like a straight shot of grain alcohol, then you’re also in luck. There are lots of products that are no fuss, no muss.
- Tinctures: These are cannabis-infused liquids that are made using an alcohol soak and are applied directly under the tongue. Tinctures enter your bloodstream quickly. They can be bitter, but there are a variety of flavors and potencies available.
- Vaping: While one could argue that vaping, a smokeless form of cannabis consumption, is still inhaling plant matter, it is in a much cleaner form and a much lower temperature so less harmful to your lungs. It’s also a 100% calorie and sugar-free consumption method.
- Capsules: These take as much time as an edible to hit you, but it doesn’t get much easier than swallowing a capsule.
Whether cannabis has sparked some creativity or whether it’s just a versatile medium is anyone’s guess. Whatever the case, we’re thankful for the ability to eat, drink, wear, and vape our favorite plant! If you want to explore how to consume cannabis in new ways, find your nearest Have a Heart dispensary below and check out our online menu!