With 2017 just around the corner, are you finding yourself with a long list of pledges and promises you resolve to keep, not just one month into the New Year, but the whole year through? Well if so, and since we’re on the topic, why not look for your top five ways to be a better stoner in the new year as well?
It you worship the weed, it’s only natural you’ll want to give it and the stoner lifestyle a chance to mature and improve. We had fun with this list and had a hard time limiting it to just five ways to be a better stoner, but nevertheless, we did it and so it begins:
1. Focus on pot quality not quantity. With so much happening in the world of weed right now and as numerous killer strains that can do miraculous things like take away pain and anxiety, give us clarity, focus and ambition, as well as let us finally sleep the sleep we’ve dreamed of, it only makes sense to purchase quality product. Do this by never settling for less and visiting Have a Heart Ocean Shores. It’s bar none the best weed in Ocean Shores you’ll find.
2. Give yourself permission to take “me time.” Let yourself have an allotted window of time every day to meditate and find peace. Just chill or get creative and exercise your mental muscles by doing an activity that some would consider an indulgence. Like smoking a sativa with creative effects and coloring in an adult coloring book or smoking an indica and putting a puzzle together. These are all cathartic exercises to take you out of your daily ritual and reward yourself with something that is all about you and you only.
3. This one may be a snooze but, there’s something to say for good hygiene. Keeping your pieces clean is not only good for the purity of your next puff, but just the ritual of cleaning out your resin-heavy bowls and bongs can be an uplifting activity itself, especially on an energizing hybrid from your favorite Ocean Shores pot shop! Look at the Have a Heart Ocean Shores Menu here.
4. Pay it forward. Smoking weed is inherently social. Don’t be that guy, you know, the one who always seems to be around for his buddy’s blunt smoking sessions, but never reciprocates the favor. That’s just bad stoner etiquette and it goes against the whole culture. Embrace your friends and share with them just like you embrace the weed that lifts you up and leaves all unnecessary details behind. Think of it as a conscientious collective karmic universe. What you put out there, you receive. But don’t even think like that, tit-for-tat, you need to share your weed because you want to, not because you have to.
5. Get healthy. You want to anyway. So don’t binge eat on weed because that’s just the way it is, it’s what weed does. Get smart about it. So get active! Find strains that act as the kicker to physical activity. We have found success by getting in our workouts with activities that don’t feel like workouts –yoga, hiking, running, walking, social/group sports. Find the activity that makes you happy, and do it. Oh, and try to eat before you smoke to cut back on cravings and stock your kitchen with healthy finger foods and snacks you can grab if your oral fixation kicks in. Chew gum and drink water.
We love end-of-the-year lists and we specifically enjoy end-of-2016 lists. We hope you enjoyed our top five ways to be a better stoner in the new year list and we’ll look for you at Have A Heart next year.